Inspiration, insightful design and nuggets of useful code/technology that I stumble across.
The countdown begins
I am so excited... like properly "woohoo!" excited. In a couple of weeks I will be doing silk screen printing for the first time in I don't know how long.
Actually I do know how long, about fifteen years but let's not worry about that right now.
The important thing is after about the same time being involved in digital design and development, I am finally going to be able to get back to my roots.
The path least travelled.
Although printing and the craft movement is in great health currently, for me it is a real break from the norm. Starting to play with actual pencils, paper and ink has been incredibly liberating, and maybe a little bit challenging.
I have been trying to get back into it by doing a daily #traindoodle on my 25min journey to work. This has given me a regular albeit small period of time each day to focus.
I heard about Birmingham Printmakers just before Christmas, it sounds like a brilliant resource and I am really looking forward to getting a membership once I have had my refresher day and orientation lesson.
In the meantime I need to develop my idea as I get to do a 2 colour A4 print as part of the workshop.
Archive of Posts
- - The last ride of the year
- - Apprenticeships in the Design Industry
- - It's time to stop being a busy fool
- - The Business of Web Design 2014 #tboWD
- - My favourite band I never saw...
- - My first Parkrun
- - I am sorry Internet Explorer.. this cannot go on!
- - Know when to hold them... know when to fold them.
- - And that is why you don't want to spend too much time swimming and snorkelling!
- - Summer Solstice 2013 - A #microadventure
- - Getting Started with Responsive Design
- - It is OK to hoard... you never know when you might need something!
- - 10 ways to back up your design work
- - 10 ways the role of 'web designer' is changing
- - Time waits for no one
- - Websites are not for designers and developers, they are for users
- - Can you really design purely in a browser?
- - How do you support your ongoing clients with website updates/support? Do you use a retainer or charge hourly?
- - There is something about the darkside...
- - #ecomchat - Enhancing Ecommerce with Mobile
- - The problem with Getting things done...
- - Taking the blinkers off