Last weekend I did my first Parkrun. The idea had been buzzing round my head for much of 2013, along with a few other things that never quite materialised. A new year gave me the added incentive to sort myself out and work back up to fitness.
I decided that although I could probably get round the run ok, the fact that I had enjoyed a few too many mince pies and the like over Christmas meant I should probably ease myself in. Thankfully my mother in law had got me a copy of Men's Health (what is she trying to say!) which had a couch to 5k plan I could use.
After some initial achey knees I was soon back into the flow of things and decided to do the run early, largely due to a friend agreeing to do it too which meant there was no way I could pull out.
Saturday brought with it drizzly rain but undaunted we lined up with getting on for 500 other people at Cannon Hill Park.
It was all over in a blink of an eye, and was great fun! I didn't mind the kids flying past me as despite there being so many of us we were all racing with the clock.
There's no need for Mo Farrah to worry but a time of 29.04 was the fastest I have done which has set the bar well for future weekends!
To find out more about Parkrun's in your area visit http://www.parkrun.com/
This year's posts
- - Prepare for GDPR - Understand your data
- - GDPR for small businesses
- - Time spent trying to be productive
- - Static Site Generators and JAMStack.
- - Bring forth the sourdough!
- - I'm back!
- - A first for the second city, Birmingham Beer week begins today!
- - New Old Tech
- - Keep on keeping on
- - Crazy 8s - How they can help any designer
- - Personas, you don’t need them… but they help!
- - Screen Printing Fun
- - The countdown begins
- - In search of perfection
- - Going back to basics with Jekyll
- - The last ride of the year
- - The Matt Kendall Foundation
- - Apprenticeships in the Design Industry
- - It's time to stop being a busy fool
- - The Business of Web Design 2014 #tboWD
- - My favourite band I never saw...
- - My first Parkrun
- - I am sorry Internet Explorer.. this cannot go on!
- - Know when to hold them... know when to fold them.
- - And that is why you don't want to spend too much time swimming and snorkelling!
- - Summer Solstice 2013 - A #microadventure
- - Getting Started with Responsive Design
- - It is OK to hoard... you never know when you might need something!
- - 10 ways to back up your design work
- - 10 ways the role of 'web designer' is changing
- - Time waits for no one
- - Websites are not for designers and developers, they are for users
- - Can you really design purely in a browser?
- - How do you support your ongoing clients with website updates/support? Do you use a retainer or charge hourly?
- - There is something about the darkside...
- - #ecomchat - Enhancing Ecommerce with Mobile
- - The problem with Getting things done...
- - Taking the blinkers off