On the 18th July I attended an excellent all day conference in Cardiff about ‘The Business of Web Design’ arranged by Joel Hughes (of Port80 fame). The day had a full on schedule of speakers that covered all topics from going freelance to enhancing profitably and education clients to say the word we only want to hear – ‘Yes’.
There were some excellent snippets about working on the relationships with your clients and how the size of your agency really does not matter, its the work you produce that is key to your success and how good marketing can really enhance your company. The conference really hit on a few key points and I have come away with some great ideas for the future.
Here’s the twitter roundup feed from the day https://storify.com/imaginateonline/the-business-of-web-design and also some winning selfies that we were awarded with a bespoke magazine for.
Bring on the next one!
What do you think?
This year's posts
- - Crazy 8s - How they can help any designer
- - Personas, you don’t need them… but they help!
- - Screen Printing Fun
- - The countdown begins
- - In search of perfection
- - Going back to basics with Jekyll
- - The last ride of the year
- - Apprenticeships in the Design Industry
- - It's time to stop being a busy fool
- - The Business of Web Design 2014 #tboWD
- - My favourite band I never saw...
- - My first Parkrun
- - I am sorry Internet Explorer.. this cannot go on!
- - Know when to hold them... know when to fold them.
- - And that is why you don't want to spend too much time swimming and snorkelling!
- - Summer Solstice 2013 - A #microadventure
- - Getting Started with Responsive Design
- - It is OK to hoard... you never know when you might need something!
- - 10 ways to back up your design work
- - 10 ways the role of 'web designer' is changing
- - Time waits for no one
- - Websites are not for designers and developers, they are for users
- - Can you really design purely in a browser?
- - How do you support your ongoing clients with website updates/support? Do you use a retainer or charge hourly?
- - There is something about the darkside...
- - #ecomchat - Enhancing Ecommerce with Mobile
- - The problem with Getting things done...
- - Taking the blinkers off